Help Us Celebrate Our Top 10 Wins of the Decade!
Close the decade right by giving back where it matters. Help Cultural Survival celebrate our achievements of the past decade and set us off on a path for even better success in the next decade to come. Here is a snippet of what we’ve accomplished in the 5th decade of our work partnering with Indigenous Peoples.
2. Helping protect Indigenous lands and territories by stopping land grabbing, oil drilling, toxic dumping, heavy metal mining, and pipelines that desecrate sacred lands and endanger Indigenous communities.
Our top 10 achievements this decade include:
1. Granting $1.3 million dollars in the past 3 years to Indigenous communities in support of community media, advocacy, development, and language efforts as part of our Indigenous-led grantmaking programs.
3. Generating over $4.6 million dollars in income for Indigenous artists through sales at the Cultural Survival Bazaars.
4. Filing suit against the Guatemalan government to the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights for discriminating against Indigenous Peoples in telecomunications laws.
5. Launching the Indigenous Rights Radio Program which reaches over 11 million listeners in 33 languages.
6. Providing training in radio production, journalism, and leadership to over 140 Indigenous women over the past four years.
7. Supporting 22 Indigenous youth fellows in 9 countries through our Indigenous Community Media Youth Fellowship program (since 2018).
8. Informing 11.7 million people about Indigenous issues through 43 editions of our award-winning Cultural Survival Quarterly magazine and website.
9. Advocating against Indigenous rights violations in 54 countries by submitting 87 reports to the United Nations.
10. Inaugurating the leadership of our second Indigenous executive director, Galina Angarova (Buryat).
In December, our Board of Directors agreed to match all and any gifts through December 31, 2019 up to $40,000!
EVERY gift counts, please support Cultural Survival as we amplify Indigenous voices and Indigenous women’s and youth leadership around the globe by making a gift today.
THANK YOU! At Cultural Survival, every day we work towards a future that respects and honors Indigenous Peoples inherent rights and dynamic cultures, deeply and richly interwoven in lands, languages, spiritual traditions, and artistic expression, rooted in self-determination and self-governance.
We cannot thank YOU enough for your ongoing generosity and support!